Posted on: 04-26-2011 at 1:01pm
Check out these energy savings tips from Stream Energy for your home. Energy efficiency saves money. And deregulated energy markets, such as Texas, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Maryland, allow you to shop for the best service. Stream Energy has fixed rate plans to help with your energy savings.
Consumers are constantly looking for ways to save money, especially in today’s economy. Consumers now cut coupons, limit their eating out, drive less and eliminate expenses that are not essential to their day to day living. When considering all these money savings opportunities, don’t forget to add energy savings tips to the list.
These energy savings tips will help you save on your electric bills and show you how to make decisions that will make your energy more efficient. Energy efficiency equals money savings and reduces energy waste to help the environment.
- In a deregulated energy market, choose a company with competitive pricing
- Turn off lights, computers and TVs when not in use
- Turn off air conditioning when you are away from home at work or for an extended length of time
- Turn down your thermostat just 1° to save up to 10% on your annual heating bill
- Replace older doors and windows to prevent air leakage
- Repair any leaky duct systems
- Have an energy audit or analysis completed on your air conditioner
- Keep air vents and doors open. Closing those increases air pressure and can damage your duct system
- Install a programmable thermostat to keep your home cool or warm when it needs to be
- Use fluorescent light bulbs with the “Energy Star” label
- Use power strips for home electronics, and turn power strip off when not in use
- Set hot water thermostat at 120°F
- Take shorter showers
- Choose appliances with the “Energy Star” label
- Only wash full loads of dishes or laundry and air dry
- Utilize energy savings window treatment or window film
- Wash clothes in cold water
- Set refrigerator temperatures between 37 ° F and 40° F
- Change air conditioning filters regularly
- Make sure your house is properly insulated: walls, attic, ceilings, floors and crawl spaces
Following some simple energy savings tips can reduce your annual energy bills by 10 – 20%. Not only do you save money, but you will be helping the environment by reducing your carbon footprint. Check your state government to find out if your state has deregulated energy or when your state will be deregulated for additional energy savings. Stream Energy is a deregulated energy provider in Texas, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Maryland.