Posted on: 11-26-2012 at 5:46pm
By Stream Energy Chief Executive Officer Mark “Bouncer” Schiro
It’s no secret among the Stream Energy employee family that I was a linebacker during my college playing years. But I have to confess that there is one aspect of the offensive side of the ball that I have a weakness for, and that’s the two-minute drill.
The two-minute drill: that time of the game when the offense has to make some pretty dramatic things happen in a short amount of time to win.
With the clock ticking down on 2012, Stream Energy is hitting its “two-minute drill” and we’re going for the win in a huge way. This is a historic time for us, as we’ve officially launched several service areas in the Northeast at the same time.
First, we rolled out natural gas service in the PECO area of Pennsylvania. This in itself is big news, as there are 453,000 eligible gas customers in the PECO footprint.
But to make sure we steamroll 2012 on our way to the end zone, we’re also exploding into the NYSEG and RG&E areas of New York. Together they combine for roughly 1.6 million potential new Stream Energy customer meters.
And we’re still not done, as we have the NatGrid service area of New York (with over 2 million eligible customer meters) hitting the field in mid-December.
As John Madden would say, “Boom!”
These areas represent enormous opportunities for growth for our firm and our Ignite Associates, and they come to life through the combined efforts of many of our team mates working together. I am so proud to be a part of this group.
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: it’s not how you start; it’s how you finish.
Posted on: 11-05-2012 at 5:32pm
We are pleased to announce that Stream Energy has launched a brand new process for Quality Confirmation: Customer Quick Check. This new process became available to new Northeast customers on Friday, November 2. This new feature will be available to Texas and Georgia customers at a later date.
Gone are the days of having customers undergo a QC phone call. Instead, they may confirm their identities during the Stream Energy online enrollment process, thereby saving themselves valuable time.
The purpose of the Customer Quick Check is to confirm the customer’s identity in order to help avoid identity theft, fraudulent energy accounts, or slamming attempts. This identity verification process is not a credit check and does not affect your customer’s credit score.
Customer Quick Check At a Glance:
- Customer Quick Check is in place for Northeast customers only. (Coming soon to Texas and Georgia.)
- The last four (4) digits of your customer’s Social Security Number are required during the enrollment.
- For ID Verification, the customer may be presented with four multiple choice questions during the enrollment.
- When finished with the enrollment, customers should record their 10-Digit Reference Number.
- REMEMBER there is no Automated Quality Control Call!
- If Stream Energy needs anything to finalize the enrollment, The OnBoarding Group at Stream Energy’s corporate office will contact your customer within one business day.
- Customer Points and MEI will be rolling in quicker than ever!
Please note that the multiple choice questions are formulated and confirmed by Experian and are selected from their Public Record database. Some questions may not apply to your customer and, if so, “None of the Above” is an option for all questions.