Posted on: 01-14-2013 at 6:54pm
By Senior Director of Communications Paul Thies
Stream Energy is kicking off 2013 with a variety of good news for people who are looking to join the family of satisfied Stream Energy customers. Check it out:
- On January 14, 2013, Stream Energy introduced a rate plan exclusively for new Texas electricity customers. The “New Friends Plan” is geared towards helping electric customers in Texas lock in a very competitive rate which will serve them well throughout 2013. Please visit this page to see Stream Energy’s 12-month “New Friends” Plan rates for all service areas of Texas. To take advantage of this terrific new plan, click here.
- Stream Energy also just lowered the deposits required of new customers in Texas (was $250; now $125) and Georgia (was $150; now $75). We cut those deposits in half to help our new friends get on board so they can enjoy the Stream Difference as quickly as possible.
- Stream Energy announced lowered electricity rates in Pennsylvania on January 3 and lowered natural gas rates in Georgia on January 5. Coupled with our already attractive rates in the Northeast and our New Friends Plan in Texas, we have a very cost-attractive suite of products to meet your family’s energy needs.
- Stream Energy ushered in the New Year in grand style, thanks to our third year as the Big D NYE Fireworks Spectacular sponsor. The event drew more than 35,000 attendees and was broadcast to over six and a half million people in five states. Stream Energy again used its sponsorship platform to highlight the work of Captain Hope’s Kids, a non-profit organization dedicated to serving homeless children. In 2012, Captain Hope’s Kids touched the lives of roughly 40,000 children in North Texas.
- Next month, Stream Energy is again expecting thousands of highly motivated Ignite entrepreneurs to descend upon Dallas for a three-day extravaganza we call Ignition. Each year, Ignition presses on the accelerator of our business and pushes us forward.
It’s an exciting time for Stream Energy, and we’re only getting started. Give us a shout - we’d love to show you why we’re “Your Best Friend’s Energy Company.”
Posted on: 12-14-2012 at 5:39pm
By Marketing Communications Editor Brian Hale
As the calendar continues to grow closer to Christmas, many around the world begin to show their love for others by contributing to those in need.
At Stream Energy, one of our founding principles since 2004 has been to show compassion to others and those less fortunate.
This week, Stream Energy released several announcements of charitable endeavors, beginning with donations to the Utility Emergency Services Fund (UESF) in Philadelphia and also to the Red Cross in response to the effects of Hurricane Sandy.
Stream Energy also announced that the firm will again sponsor the Big D NYE Fireworks Spectacular in downtown Dallas on New Year’s Eve.
The event draws more than 35,000 attendees and is broadcast to over six and a half million people in five states. Stream Energy will again use its sponsorship platform to highlight the work of Captain Hope’s Kids, a non-profit organization dedicated to serving homeless children across North Texas.
If you would like to help contribute to any of Stream Energy’s charitable endeavors this holiday season, please join us in our cause by visiting our “Giving Back” page on our website.
Posted on: 06-08-2012 at 10:04pm
By Internet Communications Editor Brian Hale
Bottoms up! Stream Energy is collecting diapers for Captain Hope’s Kids during our annual Diaper Drive, which runs from Thursday, June 14 – Thursday, June 28.
Stream Energy employees have supported this great cause for many years in many ways. From the annual Toy Drive in December to Stream Energy’s annual publicity exposure for Captain Hope’s Kids during the televised downtown Dallas New Year’s Eve celebration, the Stream Energy family fully supports this very worthy cause.
As an Ignite Associate, you can also be a part of something great. The 2012 Diaper Drive runs from Thursday, June 14 – Thursday, June 28. Drop off size 5 and 6 diapers and/or 4T/5T training pants to the Ignite Corporate Headquarters in Dallas.
If you cannot get to the corporate office but would still like to assist Dallas-area children, you may do so by making a financial donation to Captain Hope’s Kids.
Thank you for your support of Stream Energy’s annual Diaper Drive benefiting Captain Hope’s Kids. Stream Energy, Captain Hope’s Kids and the children of Dallas thank you very much!
Posted on: 12-28-2011 at 4:38pm
By Senior Director of Communications Paul Thies
Don’t forget that Stream Energy will once again sponsor the WFAA Big D New Year’s Eve fireworks spectacular in Victory Park. Also, be sure to visit the Stream Energy YouTube channel to catch a sneak peek at the upcoming television promotional spots.
With over 35,000 people in attendance and simulcast to over 6.6 million households across Texas and beyond, the Big D NYE 2012 event is one of the largest New Year’s Eve celebrations in the United States.
Besides the WFAA viewing area in North Texas, the broadcast will be shown through 21 affiliate stations:
1.Abilene/Sweetwater, TX – KTAB CBS
2.Alexandria, LA – KALB CBS
3.Amarillo, TX – KCPN MyTV
4.Austin, TX – KVUE ABC
5.Beaumont / Port Arthur – KFDM CBS
6.Bryan / College Station – KBTX CW
7.Corpus Christi – KZTV CBS
8.Dallas, TX – WFAA ABC
9.EL Paso, TX/Las Cruces, NM – KVIA CW
10.Houston, TX – KHOU.2 CBS
11.Lafayette, LA – KLFY CBS
12.Lawton, OK – KAUZ CBS
13.Lubbock – KAMC CBS
14.New Orleans – WUPL CW
15.Odessa / Midland – KOSA CBS
16.San Angelo, TX – KLST CBS
17.Shreveport, LA – KSHV MyTV
18.Tyler, TX – KYTX CBS
19.Waco / Temple / Killeen – KWTX CBS
20.Wichita, KS – KWCH or KSCW
21.Wichita Falls, TX – KAUZ CBS
“We are very excited to usher in the New Year as part of the Big D NYE event,” said Stream Energy Chairman Rob Snyder. “We’ll use this occasion to feature the work of Captain Hope’s Kids, a non-profit advocacy for homeless children. In the broadcast, we will be joined by ORIX Foundation who will present Captain Hope’s Kids with a sizeable financial grant.”
ORIX Foundation, a Texas-based non-profit corporation, was established to support local non-profits that care for children, families and veterans.