Posted on: 02-03-2014 at 10:11am
The winter season is in full swing and we all know what that means – higher energy bills. As the temperature begins to drop, electric bills begin to rise. As your best friend’s energy company, we want to not only warn you about a potential increase in your bill, but also provide you with easy and effective ways to avoid a high bills this winter season:
- Save up to 5% by turning your electric water heater down 10 degrees
- Turn down your thermostat 1-2 degrees
- Track your usage at smartmetertexas.com
Also, we are pleased to announce the launch of our new automated phone system. This new system is fast, easy-to-use and promptly responds to routine inquiries such as account balance and extension requests as well as other payment options. With our new phone system, paying your bill and renewing your plan has never been easier!
We appreciate your constant support. Stay warm this winter!
Posted on: 03-06-2013 at 5:02pm
At Stream Energy, we’re always looking for ways to help customers take advantage of the benefits of energy deregulation.
To further assist customers in joining the Stream Energy family, we have cut our deposits in half in Texas and Georgia for all new customers, regardless of what rate plan the customer selects.
Customers required to pay a deposit will only need to pay $125 in Texas (formerly $250) through the end of April, and $75 in Georgia (formerly $150) through the end of August. That’s a 50% reduction in both Texas and Georgia.
Posted on: 01-14-2013 at 6:54pm
By Senior Director of Communications Paul Thies
Stream Energy is kicking off 2013 with a variety of good news for people who are looking to join the family of satisfied Stream Energy customers. Check it out:
- On January 14, 2013, Stream Energy introduced a rate plan exclusively for new Texas electricity customers. The “New Friends Plan” is geared towards helping electric customers in Texas lock in a very competitive rate which will serve them well throughout 2013. Please visit this page to see Stream Energy’s 12-month “New Friends” Plan rates for all service areas of Texas. To take advantage of this terrific new plan, click here.
- Stream Energy also just lowered the deposits required of new customers in Texas (was $250; now $125) and Georgia (was $150; now $75). We cut those deposits in half to help our new friends get on board so they can enjoy the Stream Difference as quickly as possible.
- Stream Energy announced lowered electricity rates in Pennsylvania on January 3 and lowered natural gas rates in Georgia on January 5. Coupled with our already attractive rates in the Northeast and our New Friends Plan in Texas, we have a very cost-attractive suite of products to meet your family’s energy needs.
- Stream Energy ushered in the New Year in grand style, thanks to our third year as the Big D NYE Fireworks Spectacular sponsor. The event drew more than 35,000 attendees and was broadcast to over six and a half million people in five states. Stream Energy again used its sponsorship platform to highlight the work of Captain Hope’s Kids, a non-profit organization dedicated to serving homeless children. In 2012, Captain Hope’s Kids touched the lives of roughly 40,000 children in North Texas.
- Next month, Stream Energy is again expecting thousands of highly motivated Ignite entrepreneurs to descend upon Dallas for a three-day extravaganza we call Ignition. Each year, Ignition presses on the accelerator of our business and pushes us forward.
It’s an exciting time for Stream Energy, and we’re only getting started. Give us a shout - we’d love to show you why we’re “Your Best Friend’s Energy Company.”
Posted on: 09-10-2012 at 5:17pm
By Marketing Communications Editor Brian Hale
As the calendar switches to September, exciting events return to the horizon. Stadiums welcome the return of frenzied fans, parkways of summer green evolve to autumn auras, flashing school zones emerge from summer hibernation and Mother Nature ushers in relief from summer’s grasp.
Whatever your preferred part of autumn’s arrival, the fall feels refreshing. As cooler breezes blow and temperatures begin to drop, Stream Energy is refreshing our rates.
Effective last week, Stream Energy dropped rates in most of our service areas across Texas, Georgia, Pennsylvania, Maryland and New Jersey. The perfect beginning to fall is already in full force.
In Texas, fall is still in its infancy as many cities saw temperatures topping 100º for much of last week. As a cold front arrived, so did lower Texas rates. Lower rates were also seen in the Northeast territories, as well as in Georgia.
So as September succulence begins to sink in, Stream Energy customers can keep focused on pigskin players, pumpkins and helping with homework.
As your best friend’s energy company, we know your time is precious because we’re husbands and mothers, too. So, get back to what’s important and we’ll take care of your energy needs with great rates that you don’t have to think twice about and customer service you’ll want to brag about.
From our family to yours, enjoy the upcoming autumn and don’t forget to start off your September succulence with a great new low rate from Stream Energy—your best friend’s energy company.
Posted on: 04-24-2012 at 2:32pm
By Internal Communications Editor Brian Hale
When Stream Energy and Ignite launched in 2005, it was not only the beginning of an innovative energy company, but an opportunity to be a part of something truly unique.
As Stream Energy and Ignite grew in both size and maturity, the firm adopted certain “mantras” that shaped the internal culture. The mantras encompassed an overall feeling and attitude that the firm was not just a great company, but a great family.
Although the two entities had two different logos, they both represented one company and one team with one goal.
To help make that point, Senior Director of Marketing Darryl Smith had an idea: merge the family-like atmosphere of Stream Energy with the team aspect of football into a visual representation of the firm’s support of the thousands of Ignite Associates around the country.
“Stream Energy and Ignite are a team,” Darryl said. “Supporting our Ignite Associates in the field is something every Stream Energy employee does on a daily basis. We are a very competitive group, and we have great passion and love for this firm – the same passion and love that many have for their hometown sports teams.”
“I wanted to take a symbol of that love and passion of each of our states and bring it back to the home office,” Darryl said. “It’s a symbol that we are always thinking about our IAs in all these areas, and a little piece of them is always represented in our office.”
Stream Energy and Ignite’s history can be seen in a unique visual timeline along one wall inside Stream Energy’s corporate office.
Each jersey represents when Stream Energy and Ignite entered a certain state or area. Each jersey has a number on the back of it which represents when we entered that particular state:
- Dallas Cowboys and Houston Texans – the founding of the firm in Texas in 2005.
- Atlanta Falcons – Stream Energy’s first expansion efforts reached Georgia in 2008.
- Philadelphia Eagles – the firm first entered the Pennsylvania market in the Philadelphia area in 2010.
- Pittsburgh Steelers – the firm expanded their Pennsylvania service to the Pittsburgh area in 2011.
- Baltimore Ravens – Stream Energy began offering service in Maryland also in 2011.
“As a lifelong, die-hard Cowboys fan, my office sits between the Eagles and the Steelers,” Darryl said smiling. “It’s not easy looking at those colors every day.”
Near the end of 2011, Stream Energy and Ignite expanded to a fifth state in the Northeast. To avoid confusion (and also because he just couldn’t bear hanging any blue and white jersey other than the Cowboys) Darryl decided to utilize a different sport to represent Stream Energy’s latest market.
- New Jersey Devils – the entrance into Stream Energy’s fifth state in 2011.
But what comes after New Jersey? An empty spot resides next to New Jersey’s colors. We are anxiously awaiting a jersey to represent the loyal Associates in a brand new Stream Energy market.
“I don’t know what we’ll do if we ever go to Montana,” Darryl said jokingly.
The next jersey may be unknown, but what is certain is that Stream Energy and Ignite will continue to achieve huge long-term success as long as we work together as one team.