Posted on: 01-14-2013 at 6:54pm
By Senior Director of Communications Paul Thies
Stream Energy is kicking off 2013 with a variety of good news for people who are looking to join the family of satisfied Stream Energy customers. Check it out:
- On January 14, 2013, Stream Energy introduced a rate plan exclusively for new Texas electricity customers. The “New Friends Plan” is geared towards helping electric customers in Texas lock in a very competitive rate which will serve them well throughout 2013. Please visit this page to see Stream Energy’s 12-month “New Friends” Plan rates for all service areas of Texas. To take advantage of this terrific new plan, click here.
- Stream Energy also just lowered the deposits required of new customers in Texas (was $250; now $125) and Georgia (was $150; now $75). We cut those deposits in half to help our new friends get on board so they can enjoy the Stream Difference as quickly as possible.
- Stream Energy announced lowered electricity rates in Pennsylvania on January 3 and lowered natural gas rates in Georgia on January 5. Coupled with our already attractive rates in the Northeast and our New Friends Plan in Texas, we have a very cost-attractive suite of products to meet your family’s energy needs.
- Stream Energy ushered in the New Year in grand style, thanks to our third year as the Big D NYE Fireworks Spectacular sponsor. The event drew more than 35,000 attendees and was broadcast to over six and a half million people in five states. Stream Energy again used its sponsorship platform to highlight the work of Captain Hope’s Kids, a non-profit organization dedicated to serving homeless children. In 2012, Captain Hope’s Kids touched the lives of roughly 40,000 children in North Texas.
- Next month, Stream Energy is again expecting thousands of highly motivated Ignite entrepreneurs to descend upon Dallas for a three-day extravaganza we call Ignition. Each year, Ignition presses on the accelerator of our business and pushes us forward.
It’s an exciting time for Stream Energy, and we’re only getting started. Give us a shout - we’d love to show you why we’re “Your Best Friend’s Energy Company.”
Posted on: 12-14-2012 at 5:39pm
By Marketing Communications Editor Brian Hale
As the calendar continues to grow closer to Christmas, many around the world begin to show their love for others by contributing to those in need.
At Stream Energy, one of our founding principles since 2004 has been to show compassion to others and those less fortunate.
This week, Stream Energy released several announcements of charitable endeavors, beginning with donations to the Utility Emergency Services Fund (UESF) in Philadelphia and also to the Red Cross in response to the effects of Hurricane Sandy.
Stream Energy also announced that the firm will again sponsor the Big D NYE Fireworks Spectacular in downtown Dallas on New Year’s Eve.
The event draws more than 35,000 attendees and is broadcast to over six and a half million people in five states. Stream Energy will again use its sponsorship platform to highlight the work of Captain Hope’s Kids, a non-profit organization dedicated to serving homeless children across North Texas.
If you would like to help contribute to any of Stream Energy’s charitable endeavors this holiday season, please join us in our cause by visiting our “Giving Back” page on our website.
Posted on: 02-28-2012 at 3:09pm
By Internal Communications Editor Brian Hale
For the second consecutive year, Stream Energy partnered with WFAA to sponsor the Big D NYE Fireworks Spectacular. Big D NYE is a huge outdoor New Year’s Eve celebration in Dallas that provides partygoers an experience similar to the famous atmosphere in Times Square in New York City. This past New Year’s Eve, the event was broadcast to over 6.6 million homes in areas across Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas, New Mexico and Kansas.
Two Stream Energy employees were on hand to take in this special night and to start the fireworks celebration in style. Office Manager Jessica Vitela and Receptionist Gayrelyn Miller recently told us about their experience at Big D NYE 2012.
1. How did you learn you were selected to represent Stream Energy at Big D NYE and how did you respond to the offer?
JV: I was at home on vacation when I got the call. When I heard what the opportunity was, there were no words that came out of my mouth—I just screamed in excitement. I didn’t say one word. Once it was mentioned that Gayrelyn was going to be joining me, I got even more excited and screamed even more. I was so thankful and words couldn’t express how excited I was.
GM: I was here at work by myself since Jessica was on vacation. When I was asked if I had plans for New Years Eve and if I would like to push the button to begin the fireworks show, I was so excited, proud and overwhelmed.
2. What did you do while at the event?
JV: I arrived at the about same time the Dallas Stars game ended so traffic was crazy. There were so many people and I panicked a little bit because I was worried I wouldn’t make it to where I needed to be. I finally made it through the crowds and met Gayrelyn inside the WFAA studios where they were having a private party for the WFAA employees. We were able to stay and enjoy the party with them. We met a lot of great people, including contestants participating in different contests that night. Our Chairman, Rob Snyder, sent me a text message that said: “Don’t shame us” in a playful tone to wish us well. About 30 minutes before midnight, we were escorted to an area behind the stage where we were going to push the button. We were able to enjoy the music backstage until they escorted us onstage to get the crowd excited with the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. We were in shock at the thousands of people in attendance.
GM: When I first got into the WFAA studios, the first thing that struck me was how extremely welcoming everyone was. It was a laidback party atmosphere, and it was really nice. We stayed inside the studios and enjoyed the party until it was time to go out on the stage with the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. I got really excited when it was time to push the button to start the fireworks show. It was such a great experience. It was an opportunity and an experience that I will never forget.
3. Describe the moments just before midnight.
JV: When the countdown got down to 10 seconds, we began counting down with the rest of the crowd. Once it got to zero the crowd went wild and crazy, and we pushed the button with Jeanne Reyer from Captain Hope’s Kids. It truly was an once-in-a-lifetime experience.
GM: We were on stage yelling and cheering with the thousands of people in the crowd. We pushed the button, and the fireworks started going off above us. We were hugging the cheerleaders and were watching everyone in the crowd celebrate. My eyes welled up when I realized how thankful I was to make it to another year and to do it such a great fashion.
4. What was your favorite part of the night?
JV: For me, my favorite part was being onstage right before midnight and feeling the energy from the crowd. The sea of thousands of people were cheering, yelling and celebrating all together. It was really neat.
GM: I agree with Jessica. My favorite part was being onstage, pushing the button, seeing the fireworks and seeing how happy and joyous everyone in the crowd was. It was really amazing to see people of different color, gender, size and shape all celebrating and being happy together. To experience that with everyone was amazing.
5. How did you spend the rest of the evening after starting the Stream Energy Fireworks Spectacular?
JV: After the fireworks were over, we went backstage and mingled with people we had never met. We just had a great time. Everyone was so happy and excited. We got to meet some really neat WFAA personalities and other local celebrities who were there. I brought my mom to the event with me, and she also had a great time. I had to go find my mom on the dance floor dancing the night away inside the WFAA studios after the fireworks show!
GM: We stayed and watched the fireworks and then partied the night away with everyone. I left about an hour after midnight, but we had such a great time. Our boss texted both Jessica and I, and she thanked us for representing Stream Energy so well at the Big D NYE.
Both Jessica Vitela and Gayrelyn Miller are incredibly thankful and grateful to have been chosen to represent Stream Energy on such a grand stage. They would like to thank WFAA for the great hospitality and Stream Energy for the opportunity to represent the firm in front of thousands of people on the streets in Dallas and millions of others watching on television.
The two both said they would love to return to the stage next year to help ring in 2013 but said it was such a great and memorable experience that they hope other dedicated Stream Energy employees will have the opportunity to experience the once-in-a-lifetime event.
Posted on: 12-16-2010 at 5:45pm
By Stream Energy Senior Director of Communications Paul Thies
This holiday season, the Stream Energy employee family has been actively engaged in a toy drive to end all toy drives. In 2009, we set a record for toy donations made to Captain Hope’s Kids, and it was our stated goal for 2010 to smash last year’s results.
In a word, we crushed it.
Thanks to the combined generosity of all Stream Energy employees and many of our Ignite Associates, we gathered 2,313 toys for Captain Hope’s Kids this year.
If you visited the Stream Energy office in Dallas yesterday, you likely noticed that a camera crew took over the Diane Davis Auditorium space.
This was part of our planned New Year’s Eve sponsorship of the Big D NYE Fireworks Spectacular and New Year’s Eve countdown on WFAA Channel 8.
But we’re not just simply sponsoring one of the largest fireworks displays in the United States; we’re also using that bully pulpit to help spread the word about the good works performed by Captain Hope’s Kids.
Senior staff from Captain Hope’s Kids joined Stream Energy chairman Rob Snyder on camera to share their appreciation for all the toys donated by Stream Energy employees. More importantly, they shared the message that homeless children in our community need support. And their friends at Stream Energy are there for them!
As we prepare for the New Year, enjoy a video clip from WFAA promoting our Stream Energy Fireworks Spectacular.